My Skype status RSS

Blog's Presentation

miércoles, 7 de mayo de 2008

After "2 Months Jumping", I begin a new adventure travelling around the world on my way to Canada, where I'm going to join in an intensive English course for a couple of months.

It has been really hard to decide the countries which I'm going to visit, not only because when you see the world map you wanna go to every country/city, but also because of the flight connections availability.

Finally I'm gonna visit 10 countries:

  • Europe-Middle East (1)
  • Asia (4)
  • South West Pacific (3)
  • North America (2)

And If Felipe can do his world around trip, we'll add South America to the Blog in August ;)

First of all, I would like to explain you how this new blog is going to be organized. You'll find three types of post:

1. GENERAL INFO.

We have scheduled some posts that will be published just when my flight is going to take off. In this post you'll see where I'm going and some basic information about this country, as well as a map pointing where I'm going to spend the next days (hours, weeks, or months).

2. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Everytime I'll have access to the Internet, I'll write about the places I've visited, the people I've met, and every anecdote which occur during my visit. As well as I'll uploaded some pictures.

3. FELIPE's POST.

When I could't access to the Internet I'll try to contact Phil, and he will write what is happening in the trip. In the same way, when Felipe will be travelling around South America or Asia, I'll do it for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moreover, in this blog I'm looking forward to sharing this experience, not only with the people that I've planned to meet in some of the destinations, but also with all my family, friends, and colleagues who have been supporting me during the last years.

That's why I decided not to tell you my destinations. I thought (with Felipe) that it could be funny that you try to guess the route. So in every "General Info" post you'll find this sentence:

WHICH IS MY NEXT STOP? (Let me know your answer in the comments)

I'll read the comments with your answer (one answer per person), and I'll buy a little present of this country to the first one who guess correctly the CITY where I'm going next. That's cool, isn't it?

I'll publish the first "General Info post" next friday (9th May) at 10:00 a.m. (Spanish time. GMT +01:00). Good luck!!

Another idea guys, it's a language collaboration. I'd really appreciate if you write in the comments of the post useful words, sentences, expresions,... to be used on my destinations, obviously you should add the meaning and the pronunciation. For example: If I'm going to Shangai, It could be great to be able to say "Hello", or "Thank's" in their language. Think about it, I'm sure it could be great.

N./ As an additional comment, I should say that I've decided to write the Blog in English in order to improve my English writing skills. So I'll appreciate every correction, suggestion, etc. about the use of English. Thanks ;)

2 comments - ADD YOURS!!!:

Anónimo dijo...

Manuel,

I live in New York now. Please call me or email me if you will be anywhere near. I will be in Madrid in August for vacation. Please call me..

Hector
347.613.0739 tropicguy75@hotmail.com

Anónimo dijo...

Manuelito:

He de decirte que no estoy nada feliz con tu decísión de no informar a tu querida hermana sobre tus planes viajeros... FALTA ME PARECE! Mira que anteponer un blog al cariño familiar... mal vamos...

En fin, que esta noche no me quedará más remedio que ir a esa "reunión de despedida" que has organizado (ESTO ES AMOR DE HERMANA Y LO DEMÁS SON TONTERIAS) a brindar a tu salud!

Un besito!

Elisa